db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Brekke" <ekke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: torque 3.3 schedule
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:17:44 GMT
Eeeww.  m2 can obtain artifacts from an m1 repo, but I think the
issues come into deployment of the m2 plugin into/from an m1 repo (
and maybe vice-versa ).   If the plugins are separate projects,
installed into their respective repos, shouldn't the non-plugin
artifacts (jars) just be deployed into one place with once
group/artifactid?  Even if this is a m1 repo?  Then we could just use
an m2 build for everything but the m1 plugin?

On 10/17/07, Thomas Fischer <fischer@seitenbau.net> wrote:
> a) we cannot use a m2 build only because the m1 plurgin needs an m1 build.
> And we cannot use a m1 build only because the m2 plugin needs a m2 build.
> So we have to use two types of repository at the moment and we cannot do
> anything against it.
> b) The m1:org.apache.torque is the long term goal. I'd not switch the group
> id in an rc. Also, having the two goup ids separates the two builds: group
> id "torque" are the m1 built files, group id "org.apache.torque" are the m2
> built files.  So I'd prefer to keept he the  m1:torque,
> m2:org.apache.torque solution for 3.3. This does not mean I'm -1 on the
> other solution, it is just my personal preference.
>
>     Thomas
>
> Thomas Vandahl <tv@apache.org> schrieb am 16.10.2007 22:24:52:

> the
> > >
> > > m1:torque, m2:org.apache.torque is good.
> >
> > The repository people are bugging everybody to settle on one type of
> > repository only. Shouldn't we try to use one group only for Torque? I
> > propose to deploy the artifacts to the m2-repo only and use
> > 'org.apache.torque' for this. Would that create big obstacles for the
> > two maven plugins?
> >
> > Bye, Thomas.

Jeffrey D. Brekke
Wisconsin,  USA