db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: torque 3.3 schedule
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:11:45 GMT
Greg Monroe wrote:

> IHMO, it seems much cleaner to keep it as a separate jar
> until it's totally re-packaged into the org.apache.torque
> (or some such) package. Doing this would require a lot
> of testing.

Ok, I see your point. Because Village already uses Maven to build, it
would probably be even easier to integrate as a separate module on the
same level as runtime, generator etc. The most difficult part remains
the integration of documentation into the site, anyway.

Two questions remain (probably more will surface later):
- What version should we give to the "integrated" Village? 2.0? 3.3?
- I'd propose to put the resulting jar into the Maven repository in the
   "torque" group or "org.apache.torque" respectively. What do others
   say?

Bye, Thomas.