db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Village code contribution from Jon Stevens
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:23:04 GMT
Scott Eade wrote:
> Jean Anderson, our very helpful DB PMC Chair, has provided all the
> information we need in terms of meeting the requirements in order to
> bring the code into the ASF (she has in fact volunteered to do a bunch
> of the work for us).  It actually doesn't sound too onerous - take a
> look at the last few messages in private@db for the details.

The steps can be listed here and should be completed here. The
discussion popped up on private@db as a side effect of my looking for
input for the quarterly report. Below is a recap for torque-dev and
let's finish the process here.

btw, you can see other project check lists at
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html .

Below are items/actions that get noted on the ip clearance check list.

1) Start a vote on torque-dev to formally accept the code contribution.
Let that run for 7 days (7 is the Apache DB timeline). A link to the
completed vote gets recorded on the form.

Scott started that vote.

2) Post a nag to torque-dev to "Remind active committers that they are
responsible for ensuring that a Corporate CLA is recorded if such is
required to authorize their contributions under their individual CLA."

This may or may not apply to the current grant -- if anyone feels it is
needed, consider it done. :-)

3) upload a snapshot of the code that will be imported to a temp
location.

Scott will take care of this.

==> Scott, here's one more item on the check list you can take care
after you upload the code to the temp location:

"Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have been
updated to reflect the new ASF copyright."

4) Jim/Henning/board confirmed the grant was recorded, and I'll fill in
that slot on the check list.

5) After the checklist is complete, I'll commit it to the incubator
repo, then we post a notice to general@incubator.a.o about the
contribution with torque-dev cc'd. Here's what I did for derby on the
last round:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200702.mbox/%3c45E3B17D.7060306@bristowhill.com%3e

We post the RESULT to the incubator after 72 hours, then torque is
cleared to import the code.

your willing vhdpc,

 -jean