db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: svn commit: r571790 - in /db/torque/runtime/trunk/src/java/org/apache/torque: TorqueInstance.java manager/AbstractBaseManager.java
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 08:03:02 GMT
Sorry that I did not write an email sooner, but I'm -0.5 on this change. If
the name of the default database should be "default", then the user should
add
torque.database.default = default
to Torque.properties.

I see no reason why "default" should be a reserved database name. On the
other hand, it has confused users in the past, and it is difficult to
achieve a clean shutdown (I'm rather sure Torque will try to close the
default datasource twice now on Torque.shutdown().)

I'd think it the cleanest solution if Turbine would not use a database
name. Torque uses the default database whenever no database name is better.
Another good solution would be if Turbine would ask Torque for its default
database (via Torque.getDefaultDB()) instead of just using "default". Both
will be backward-compatible down to Torque 3.1 at least.

If you still think this mapping is necessary for Turbine, and the
properties workaround is no good, then please look into the shutdown issue
and document the mapping you have done.

If it is agreed to revert this change, I'd offer to do it, to make up
partly for my delay in answering.

     Thomas