db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Village Code Grant
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 07:42:02 GMT

"Greg Monroe" <Greg.Monroe@DukeCE.com> schrieb am 15.08.2007 22:17:22:

> Thomas Fischer said:
> > Some time ago, Thomas V has suggested to use commons-sql
> > instead;
>
> I was going to take a quick look at commons-sql but all Google
> could find on the commons.apache.org site were old e-mails and
> a reference to a non-existent sandbox project.  What am I
> missing here?

Sorry, it was commons-dbutils. http://commons.apache.org/dbutils/
The idea would be to use the ResultSetHandler interface. I'm not sure
whether we should use the QueryRunner, it uses prepared statements for
selects; we have used normal statements until now. Using prepared
statements could make type conversion easier(i.e. the db driver would do it
for us), but maybe also less flexible. But maybe we should give it a try.
What do you think ?

    Thomas