db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Generated classes compatible with Java 1.3?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:29:00 GMT
No objections to doing this... but I do object to making
any formal statements that we will keep 1.3 compatiblity.
I certainly don't want to keep remembering which new
methods, etc, can or can't be used as I code.

In other words, submissions don't have be 1.3 compatible
but patches to support 1.3 compatiblity are fine.  We don't
state or test for 1.3 compatiblity in releases, but loosely
try not to prevent it from being possible.

One other question, there's compile compatibility and there's
runtime compatibility.  Are all our dependencies still 1.3
compatible?

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.