db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Village Code Grant
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 21:01:02 GMT
Thomas,

I am unsure whether I have posed my question clearly. Please let me
clarify my understanding of the situation:

1) there is no code grant for village registered yet.
2) we are unsure whether we can use the workingdogs package namespace
3) we would like to release torque 3.3 after we have incorporated village
4) we want to remove the dependency on village after 3.3

So it seems that unless 1) happens, we cannot proceed with 3) and 4).
This is a bit unsatisfactory.

However, if we would create a branch now, we could start working on 4)
just now, regardless whether 1) and 2) happen/are answered.
And the suggestion was to do this, i.e. create the branch now.

      Thomas