db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Brendan Miller" <bmil...@dotster.com>
Subject Re: Village Code Grant
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:16:17 GMT
On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 09:42:02AM +0200, Thomas Fischer wrote:

> Sorry, it was commons-dbutils. http://commons.apache.org/dbutils/
> The idea would be to use the ResultSetHandler interface. I'm not sure
> whether we should use the QueryRunner, it uses prepared statements for
> selects; we have used normal statements until now. Using prepared
> statements could make type conversion easier(i.e. the db driver would do it
> for us), but maybe also less flexible. But maybe we should give it a try.
> What do you think ?

Having just gone through the s/BasePeer.doSelect/BasePeer.doPSSelect/ on
all generated Base*Peer classes to reduce Oracle SQL cache flooding,
*please* do something that either uses prepared statements or can easily
be made to do so.  I'm still not sure why Base*Peer-generation does not
do this by default or at least have an option--having to rewrite the
generated code with ant seems weak.

Brendan