db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Hilka" <thi...@vps.de>
Subject Problems with datatype OTHER
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:43:28 GMT
Hello torque developers,

in my previous post I said that the datatype OTHER could help for our
Unicode problem (mixture of VARCHAR and NVARCHAR column types in one table).

But when using datatype OTHER, there are compile errors in the map-classed
for the tables in which columns with datatype OTHER are used. The reason for
this is the missing initialization in TypeMap for datatype OTHER. If we want
to implement the solution using OTHER, we also have to change the class
org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.TypeMap.

Is there any other solution to this problem (without changing torque-code)?
Is it possible to add datatypes NVARCHAR, . for Unicode support soon?

Thank you.

Tobias