db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: 3.3-RC3, was: Re: village
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 06:16:49 GMT
It is not possible to replace the non-patched version with the patched
version. The patched version only works for oracle.

For inclusion in another directory: I am not aware that we have any license
grant from the patch author (saravanna kannan, I believe)  for the patches.
If this is true, we'd have to get that first.

   Thomas

Robert Dietrick <robert.dietrick@nokia.com> schrieb am 06.07.2007 19:06:50:

> On the topic of the Village classes, I found that the village 2.0 JAR
> file packaged with the 3.x releases of Torque does not contain the
> Oracle LOB support patch
> (https://sweb.uky.edu/~skkann2/village/index.html).  Would it be
> possible to include this patched Village library with the next version
> of Torque?
>
> If replacing the default Village jar with this version breaks
> compatibility with other DBs, perhaps it can still be included in some
> non-standard directory of the Torque distribution, with a release note
> explaining its inclusion?
>
> -rob
>
> ext Thomas Fischer wrote:
> > Asking on general@ sounds good to me.
> >
> > Sorry for not being responsive in the last few months, I have a very
> > time-conduming project running at work.
> >
> >    Thomas
> >
> > Scott Eade <seade@backstagetech.com.au> schrieb am 06.07.2007 01:30:24:

> > Or