db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Fitch <domin...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: 3.3-RC3, was: Re: village
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 08:56:07 GMT
Instead of using the patch, how about just changing the code to work with
Oracle's 10g JDBC driver that is JDBC 3.0 compliant.

I already patched my local village code to work with it.

The only change is located in Value.java:

In the
    public Value(ResultSet rs, int columnNumber, int type)

Constructor,
change the BLOB case to this:

        case Types.BLOB:
            Blob blob = rs.getBlob(columnNumber);
// Changed to support null blob values (for oracle)
//          valueObject = blob.getBytes(1, (int) blob.length());
            valueObject = (blob != null) ? blob.getBytes(1, (int)
blob.length()) : null;

break;

It's DB agnostic, but it works with Oracle's unusual handling of null
for BLOBs

If you don't make this change and use Oracle's 10 driver, you will get
an NPE in certain cases.