db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: 3.3-RC3, was: Re: village
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:30:24 GMT
Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> How do we proceed here? I wanted to call for a release vote but I would
> rather sort this out before. Is it possible to use the Village code as
> it is (2.0, I mean)? Then we could simply wrestle it and check it in. Or
> do we have to change the packages and all imports That would be a PITA
> because at least Record is probably used by most of the Torque applications.
I did ask on members@ whether or not it would be okay for us to retain
the existing package names.  There was a little discussion over whether
or not we could import this code (which we can) but nobody raised any
concerns about the package naming (i.e. the question to which I made
serious efforts to point the discussion towards was ignored and I am
interpreting this as "there are no serious concerns with this").

Since Torque is the responsibility of the DB PMC I will raise this on
general@ so that there is an opportunity for objections to be raised there.

Scott