db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Hilka" <thi...@vps.de>
Subject Missing connection parameter
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:26:16 GMT
Hello,

I was checking our application to see if within a single transaction all
calls to torque use the methods with the additional Connection parameter.
Doing this I found some problems within Torque:

- The method copy(boolean) does not take a connection as parameter. This
might lead to a deadlock if you use deepcopy and you have foreign keys to
other tables. The methods get...() are called, not the methods
get...(Connection).

- Same problem with the add. methods when you add a new object which is
referenced by a foreign key.

We really had some troubles in our application with the "convenience"
methods (the one without connection). To do clean programming, we need the
methods to take an additional connection parameter.

Thanks,

Tobias