db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Torque 3.3-RC3
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 16:06:08 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> It is not problematic to fix the doDelete()-Problem, this would take about
> half an hour or so. I am still of the opinion that it should be fixed as
> proposed, and could do it on Saturday.
> You said that you would rather like to document the error than fixing it.
> Do you strongly object the fix ?

Would it allow truly joined deletes such as in

DELETE tblA FROM tblA LEFT JOIN tblB ON tblA.ID = tblB.ID WHERE tblB.ID
IS NULL.

(That is: delete records from tblA where no associated record exists in
tblB, just to be clear)

If so, go ahead. If not I'd rather throw an Exception when a Criteria
with joins is provided and do it right the next time.

> I have no opinion at all about the texen stuff. As you said, it makes no
> sense to use texen separately if we still use velocity 1.3. Do you think we
> should upgrade to 1.5 ? I recall dimly that some people reported problems
> with velocity 1.4, but I can not recall any details. Are we reasonably
> confident that these problems do not exist in velocity 1.5 any more ?

I used to have no problems with Velocity 1.4. 1.5 should be better as I
understand it. I'll check it out.

Bye, Thomas.