db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject upgrading dependencies
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 10:12:35 GMT
generator:
component            current new
ant                  1.6.5   1.7.0 (new features)
commons-collections  3.1     3.2   (bugfix release, binary compatible)
commons-lang         2.1     2.3   (mostly bugfix)
commons-logging      1.0.4   1.1   (compatible for callers)
velocity             1.3.1   1.5   (no 4-words summary available)
xercesImpl           2.6.2   2.8.1 (no 4-words summary available)

runtime
commons-collections  3.1     3.2   (bugfix release, binary compatible)
commons-configuration 1.2    1.4   (no 4-words summary available)
commons-dbcp         1.2.1   1.2.2 bugfix, some new features
commons-lang         2.1     2.3   (mostly bugfix)
commons-logging      1.0.4   1.1   (compatible for callers)
commons-pool         1.3     1.2   (needed by dbcp 1.2.2)
log4j                1.2.8   1.2.14 (should be call compatible)
xercesImpl           2.6.2   2.8.1 (no 4-words summary available)

xerces 2.9.0 is out but not available from ibiblio. I have not checked the
avalon stuff (no idea where the newest  can be checked), and I also did
not check the testing libraries.

I'd strongly suggest to upgrade dbcp and commons-pool, as this should fix
TORQUE-12

I'd suggest to upgrade the other commons classes, log4j, and xerces (to
2.8.1).

I have tested these upgrades with the test project, and they seem to work.

I have no opinion about velocity, Thomas V knows mora about the
circumstances than I do (if you want to upgrade, please go ahead.)

I could not check whether the ant upgrade works, as I do not have a
project with an ant build available. Maybe some ant yuser could check this
?

If nobody objects, I'll do the suggested upgrades.

   Thomas