db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject DTD Documentation
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:32:31 GMT
Thomas V's Jira Torque-91 issue raised the priority on a Torque project
I've had in mind for a while, better documentation for the schema DTD.

I'm strongly thinking about using dtddoc (dtddoc.sf.net) to do this.
This is a well know/accepted documentation tool (used by the
Struts project) that allows you to put Javadoc type tags into
XML comments and then generate documentation from them.

The only minor issue I can see is how to automate the document
generation for the site.  There is a Maven 2 plugin and the basic
ant task jar is available via the Maven repository.  For full
compatibility, I'll probably go with adding a site dependancy
for the Ant task and using that.

Does anyone have objections to dtddoc?

Greg Monroe <Monroe@DukeCE.com> (919)680-5050
C&IS Solutions Team Lead