db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Criteria.setDbName() and BaseXXXPeer.setDbName()
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:58:09 GMT
One thing to keep in mind as you're modifying this is
the long term request/idea of separating out the Torque
"schema" name function that DBName does from the
DB connection function.

I.e., you should be able to compile the OM once and use
this with multiple connections. For example, doing
some sort of copy between DB servers or an app with
different users accessing their own database area.

Probably beyond the scope of what you're playing with
but if you see an easy way to do this...

If I remember right, a big problem in this is that
there are a lot of areas where objects are created
without access to criteria / connection info.  These
are the problem area, since it defaults to the compiled
DB connection info.

Duke CE Privacy Statement