db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Criteria.setDbName() and BaseXXXPeer.setDbName()
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:56:41 GMT

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, Thomas Fischer wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Greg Monroe wrote:
>
>> One thing to keep in mind as you're modifying this is
>> the long term request/idea of separating out the Torque
>> "schema" name function that DBName does from the
>> DB connection function.
>>
>> If I remember right, a big problem in this is that
>> there are a lot of areas where objects are created
>> without access to criteria / connection info.  These
>> are the problem area, since it defaults to the compiled
>> DB connection info.
>
> The idea would be to use Torqie.getDefaultDB() instead of DATABASE_NAME in
> all places expect where the DatabaseMap is accessed. Not too difficult, one
> just has to look at every usage of DATABASE_MAP.

At second thought, this is not a valid soution. Now, pople who know they
have two different databases with two different table sets at generate
time have the expected behaviour (access the correct database with each
peer) at runtime. The change outlined above would break this behaviour.
And I do not see any way of retaining this behaviour without generating
this information into the Peer classes :-(

    Thomas