db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: delete and joins problem
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:32:01 GMT
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, Thomas Fischer wrote:

> P.S. Independently from this, I'm going to take a shot at the
> Criteria.isCascade == true code which is currently not working.

Currently, there is no easy way to do this. My idea of implementation
would be to ask each loaded data sets for its children, and the children's
children etc, load these, and delete them. For this, the information about
related tables must be taken from the database map. However, in the
current implementation, the data sets are loaded as Village records, and
at this place the schema names are lost from the table names, so the
lookup in the table map is not possible.

I believe that fixing cascading deletes should be done when rewriting the
delete logic after 3.3. For now, I'd suggest removing the current
non-working code and file an jira issue that cascading deletes are not
implemented.

Any better ideas ?

    Thomas