db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Adding torque.beanExtends property.
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:31:17 GMT
I checked in the new feature.  It's been tested with Maven 1
and Ant, but I don't have a Maven 2 set up to test the changes
I made to the OMMojo.  They were simple so there shouldn't be
a problem.

FWIW, since this is like one of the optional package names,
there does not need to be a default value in Maven 1, etc.

________________________________

From: Thomas Fischer [mailto:fischer@seitenbau.net]
Sent: Tue 3/27/2007 10:35 AM
To: Apache Torque Developers List
Subject: RE: Adding torque.beanExtends property.

"Greg Monroe" <Greg.Monroe@DukeCE.com> schrieb am 27.03.2007 16:12:38:

> Thomas Fischer wrote:
> > I'd be +1 for this as long as it also finds its way into
> > the maven 1 and maven 2 plugin.
>
> If it's just another build property setting, does anything
> special need to be for Maven 2?

I am afraid something special is needed for Maven 2. The parameter needs to
be read by the OMMojo from the plugin's configuration, and must write this
value into the property file which is then read by the TexenTask.
I know this is messy, but this happens because the generator is heavily
tied to ant, so one needs to simulate an ant environment inside the maven 2
plugin :-(.

Also, for the maven 1 plugin, you need to define a standard value if your
new property is not set. This needs to be done in a config file in the
maven 1 plugin somewhere, but I keep forgetting which property file it is.
You can look at a recently added parameter, e.g. enableJava5Features, to
find out which file it is.

    Thomas