db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Adding torque.beanExtends property.
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:12:38 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> I'd be +1 for this as long as it also finds its way into
> the maven 1 and maven 2 plugin.

If it's just another build property setting, does anything
special need to be for Maven 2?

Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Right you are. I was merely hinting that plain old Torque
> objects could be used instead of beans. I'm not actually
> changing something, I'm trying to use some of the "advanced"
> features myself ;-)

FWIW, I considered that but it looked kind of messy to maintain,
especially since I'm currently limited to Struts 1.x. You'd have
to blend changes in the BaseObject with the Struts ActionForm
object (or it's many variants).  Struts 2 seems to be more
friendly about this sort of thing as I believe form beans just
have to have set/get methods for the properties and may or may
not impliment an interface.

Allowing the base bean class to be an extension of another
class seemed like the clean way to do this.  And maybe
eventually do a Torque template add-in to auto-create some
basic validation XML from the schema and/or some basic Struts
JSP forms (kind of like MyEclipse does if you use their
form builder).

Duke CE Privacy Statement