db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: keeping old doc versions
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:55:11 GMT
Sounds like a good plan, that probably works out
about the same as mine.

FWIW, wget is a GNU "non-interactive network
retriever" that's been around for years.  (I used
the Cygwin version).

This is designed to "grab" info from the Internet
and create a local copy.  The one thing that it
adds to the mix is how it handles some required
files.  E.g., it will grab required images/style
sheets from the same site but outside the specified
URL and move it into the directory and rewrite the
URL's in the retreived HTML pages.

Makes a nice quick way to get a "snapshot" of
a section of an online site.

Duke CE Privacy Statement