db-torque-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Torque 3.3.RC2 problem with turbine applications
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 01:27:56 GMT
Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Scott Eade wrote:
>   
>> With torque-3.3.RC2 it starts getting the NPEs immediately from BasePeer
>> line 1632:
>>    ColumnMap[] columnMaps = dbMap.getTable(table).getColumns();
>>
>> Would you have any suggestions as to what my problem might be?
>>     
>
> Yes, this made me reopen TORQUE-68. As you know, the Peer classes have
> static constructors. If Tomcat unserializes session objects these are
> called and try to register their MapBuilder with an (at that point)
> uninitialized Torque instance. When initialized with the Avalon
> container a new TorqueInstance is created and the MapBuilders need to be
> rebuilt so I wrote some code to copy them from one instance to another.
>
> Unfortunately I checked for Torque.isInit() which in that special, above
> mentioned case is not true. This is fixed in SVN by now. You can work
> around the issue by either switching off the reloading of session data
> in Tomcat or by calling <YourDataBaseNameHere>MapInit.init() at some
> point before any call to Torque but after initialization.
>   
Or I assume by building and using a snapshot.  I will give that a shot.  
Thanks for this info and fix - very helpful.
> Do you have any more information on the ECM issue? My problem is that I
> have no access to such an environment anymore. I'd try to setup one if
> it still really matters...
>   
Well I guess it may well matter to some.  In my case, as long as the 
MapBuilders issue above is resolved,  I am pushing ahead with 
ACSYaafiComponentService - it would definitely be a good idea to raise 
the profile of this class, commit it, document it, etc.  I guess we 
could argue that this is the path forward.  OTOH there may be some 
people that want to transition on their own time schedule, so it would 
be nice if the ECM issue could be resolved.

I am thinking that it should be fairly easy to set up a dummy Turbine 
project using its META plugin and then update the Torque dependency to 
3.3.RC2 to hit the problem.

Scott

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-dev-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: torque-dev-help@db.apache.org


Mime
View raw message