db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Torque 3.3.RC2 problem with turbine applications
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:06:27 GMT
Scott Eade wrote:
> With torque-3.3.RC2 it starts getting the NPEs immediately from BasePeer
> line 1632:
>    ColumnMap[] columnMaps = dbMap.getTable(table).getColumns();
> Would you have any suggestions as to what my problem might be?

Yes, this made me reopen TORQUE-68. As you know, the Peer classes have
static constructors. If Tomcat unserializes session objects these are
called and try to register their MapBuilder with an (at that point)
uninitialized Torque instance. When initialized with the Avalon
container a new TorqueInstance is created and the MapBuilders need to be
rebuilt so I wrote some code to copy them from one instance to another.

Unfortunately I checked for Torque.isInit() which in that special, above
mentioned case is not true. This is fixed in SVN by now. You can work
around the issue by either switching off the reloading of session data
in Tomcat or by calling <YourDataBaseNameHere>MapInit.init() at some
point before any call to Torque but after initialization.

Do you have any more information on the ECM issue? My problem is that I
have no access to such an environment anymore. I'd try to setup one if
it still really matters...

Bye, Thomas.