db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: Adding torque.beanExtends property.
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:28:45 GMT
Greg Monroe wrote:
> I've been working with a project that uses Struts and Torque recently
> and
> it struck me that if I could create Torque beans that extended one of
> the
> struts ActionForm classes, I'd get a whole set of Struts Form beans for
> free.

I'm currently experimenting with the baseClass-Attribute of the table
element in the Torque schema. This may or may not do what you want,
directly with the Torque objects themselves. Note that the generated
classes rely on a couple of methods from BaseObject that might need
implementation, if you not directly extend BaseObject. I'd rather define
some interface to do this but let's get to this later.

Bye, Thomas.