db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject keeping old doc versions
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:55:50 GMT
Hi,

While deleting old releases from the distribution directory, the question
raised what should be done with the old docs. Thomas V has already
expressed that in his opinion, the old site versions should be removed. In
my opinion, however, they should be preserved for the following reason:
>From the uers list, there are still some people using the old versions. As
the docs cannot be downloaded from archive.apache.org(docs are not
included in the source), the only access to old docs is to check out the
svn source and building the docs themselves, which I'd consider a
nuisance.
The downside of keeping the old docs is that the information given there
may be obsolete or incorrect, e.g. about cvs access (I have manually
changed the download info, but doing this for every infra change in all
the archived sites is not feasible in my opinion). However, I'd guess
that people understand that this kind of information may no longer be
valid in an archived site.

Any other opinions ?

    Thomas