db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Hilka" <thi...@vps.de>
Subject Finding position of previous selected record in new ordering
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:40:12 GMT
Hello everyone,

we are facing the following problem:

We have a grid with many entries (up to several 100 000 entries). For
performance reasons we only select the window which is visible for the user
(about 50 entries). The rest of the grid is initialized with null-Items. So
far so good.

But now our problem: If we do order the grid by firstname ascending and
select the fith entry, then we order the by the same column descending, we
want the selection to persist and therefore we want the selection window to
contain the selected entry in its new environment (e.g. position 99 950 to
100 000 and select record number 99 996).

Is there any possibility to express this in torque? We know about some
special features of some databases which can handle this. And I think there
are features in SQL 2003 for this.

Thank you for your help.

Tobias