db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject Maven repository issues
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 17:04:44 GMT
In doing a complete svn pull and build today (first in a while),
I found that Maven (1) could not download dependancies from the
repositories specified in the project.properties.  This is because
these have moved and Maven 1.0 does not understand http 301 redirects.

My quick solution was to change the maven.repro.remote setting in the
common/project.xml file(s) as follows:

maven.repo.remote=http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/maven/,http://people.ap
ache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/

Which are the sites that you get redirected to.  Another possible
alternative is to follow the Maven 1 folks published solution of:

maven.repo.remote=http://repo1.maven.org/maven

Of course, there is another alternative for Maven 1 users.  To
start using the new V1.1 RC1 which understands redirects.

I thought I'd ask which solution seems best before I changed
any thing this core in SVN.

Also, would any of these changes effect the Maven 2 build process?

Greg
Greg Monroe <Monroe@DukeCE.com> (919)680-5050
C&IS Solutions Team Lead
Duke Corporate Education, Inc.