db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Antwort: Problems executing BasePeer.doUpdate(Criteria, Criteria, Connection)
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 09:05:27 GMT
Hi Tobias,

As booleanints and booleanchars behave as ints in java but are integers and
chars in the database, there needs to be a mapping somewhere in the
database layer. The "high-level" methods "above" the mapping point will
take booleans, the "low-level" methods "below" the mapping point will take
integers and chars as arguments. Unfortunately for you, the
doUpdate(Criteria, Criteria, Connection) method is below the mapping point.
Which makes a certain sense in my eyes, because you have to know the types
of the columns in the table to use this method.

I know of no plans to change this behaviour.

      Thomas

"Tobias Hilka" <thilka@vps.de> schrieb am 08.01.2007 08:54:22:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I am sure it works with Integer values. But it would be very nice not
having
> to think about converting booleanints and booleanchars when calling this
> method. If this solution is not possible, I would have to change all
> occurrences of this call to use Integer values. But for programmers just
> using Torque it is hard, always having to know which mehtod can be called
> with which kind of Boolean/Integer value.
>
> Do you plan to change this behaviour?
>
> Best regards,
> Tobias
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Criteria,
> Connection)
>
> If I remember correctly, the doUpdate(Criteria, Criteria, Connection)
method