db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Some remarks for 3.3-RC2
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:59:19 GMT
a) For the maven 2 plugin, it would be very nice to have the base classes
generated in another source directory as the non-base classes (by
"directory" I do not mean package but another base directory). For
example, one would want to generate the non-base classes in the
src/main/generated-java directory but the base classes in
target/generated-sources/torque. In 3.3-RC1, all the classes were
generated in target/generated-sources/torque, which is very bad because
changes in the non-base classes are lost when a "mvn clean" is executed.

I have implemented the above by dividing the om/Control.vm template into
two parts, the one (Control.vml) generating the non-base java sources, the
other (ControlBase.vm) generating the base, map and linkage java sources.
Of course this change also hits the ant and maven 1 build, meaning that
the output can also be separated there (which some usres asked for some
time ago if I recall correctly). However, to retain backwards
compatibility, by default the sources are be generated into one
directory for the maven 1 and ant plugin.

For this change, I can not think of any backwards compatibility issues
between RC1 and RC2. If noone objects, I'll commit this change.

b) Regarding jira issues opened since RC1:
TORQUE-72: Greg, do you mind if I close this issue, or do you want to have
the implementation where these methods always return null?
TORQUE-74: I am not really sure here, but I'd copy the interbase templates
into an ew firebird directory. Please object if you are of another
opinion, otherwise I'll do it.
TORQUE-76: We could ask Ronny to provide a testcase in a reasonable
amount of time (a week or so, or longer if it suits you, Thomas),
otherwise this will not change in RC2
TORQUE-77: I believe we can close this issue. It can be reopened if the
error is not resolved by Greg's commit.
TORQUE-78: Is rather a non-implemented feature than a real bug in my eyes.

So, nothing really there preventing us releasing the RC2 in two or three
weeks, or am I mistaken ?

      Thomas