db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Torque 4.0 plan
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:07:38 GMT
Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vandahl@tewisoft.de> writes:

Another piece of advice that I learned from a project that I'm
involved with: Don't. Decide on *one* build, embrace it wholeheartedly
and ditch everything else. Else you will get "project built with foo"
jars, "project built with bar" jars and "project built with baz"
jars. Each behaves a bit differently. Maintenance nightmare. Don't go
there. :-)

	Best regards
		Henning

>Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
>> I'd *strongly* suggest thinking about the maven support. Maven changed
>> from 1 to 2 completely (different POMs, different program name,
>> different properties, different plugins, different docs) so people
>> moving from m1 to m2 had to throw all their configs (project.xml,
>> maven.xml, properties) away and rework them (most of the time from
>> scratch).

>I'd volunteer to keep the m1 build alive for this very reason. Thomas F.
>and I were talking about this already.

>Bye, Thomas.

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540 | Apache person
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design | Velocity - Turbine guy

          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."