db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Future Torque build system (was: Re: Torque 4.0 plan)
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:16:53 GMT
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

> Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vandahl@tewisoft.de> writes:
>
> Another piece of advice that I learned from a project that I'm
> involved with: Don't. Decide on *one* build, embrace it wholeheartedly
> and ditch everything else. Else you will get "project built with foo"
> jars, "project built with bar" jars and "project built with baz"
> jars. Each behaves a bit differently. Maintenance nightmare. Don't go
> there. :-)

At least we should have one "main build", and use the other build only to
build the respective plugin. I'm quite sure it is a nightmare to build a
maven2 plugin with maven 1; I'd expect it less nightmare to build a maven1
plugin using maven2, but I'm not sure if it is worse or better than
maintaining an extra build.

    Thomas