db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Torque 4.0 - Add delete() / loadByPk(...) methods to Record object
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:09:40 GMT
+1 on both. Would it make sense to rename the loadByPk() method reload() ?
If yes, it could make sense to generate the method also if no pk exists
but then throwing an exception.

I also like Thoams' idea of sessing isNew to triue after the object has
been deleted.

Do you mind adding this to the wiki page ?
http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/NextRelease

      Thomas

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Greg Monroe wrote:

> I've often thought it would be nice for the
> generated record object to have a delete()
> and loadByPk() methods.  It would help
> simplify a lot of code.
>
> Of course the loadByPK method would only be
> added if there is a primary key.  And if there
> are multiple primary keys, the method sig. would
> be something like:
>
> loadByPk( <colType> key1, <colType> key2...)
>   throw NoRowsException, TooManyRowsException
>
> and the delete() method would throw an exception
> if called on a new record.
> Greg Monroe <Monroe@DukeCE.com> (919)680-5050
> C&IS Solutions Team Lead
> Duke Corporate Education, Inc.
> 333 Liggett St.
> Durham, NC 27701
>

> Duke CE Privacy Statement
> Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you
may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please
not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.