db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should database.dtd alway be the current version?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:45:59 GMT
In my eyes, the content of a dtd with an absolute URL should not change in
time. So from our point of view it may be improper that the old dtd has no
version number in the name, but it has happened and it has been
around for so long that changing it makes no sense. The only thing we
could do is to remove it, and thus require that all torque dtds have a
version in their name. But personally I'd just leave it as it is.

       Thomas

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Greg Monroe wrote:

> I noticed that the database.dtd on the db.apache.org
> site looks like it is V3.0.0.  Shouldn't this alway
> be the current version?
>
> URL for reference:
>
> http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/
> Greg Monroe <Monroe@DukeCE.com> (919)680-5050
> C&IS Solutions Team Lead
> Duke Corporate Education, Inc.
> 333 Liggett St.
> Durham, NC 27701
>

> Duke CE Privacy Statement
> Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you
may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please
not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.