db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Torque 4.0 plan
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:20:31 GMT
Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vandahl@tewisoft.de> writes:

>Greg Monroe wrote:

>> Additionally, the generated record objects could make use
>> of this new base class to support things like isNull() on
>> primitives.  We could also use this to track modified and
>> unmodified column values, which would be very useful (e.g.
>> updating tables without primary keys).

>I'd throw primitives away completely. There is no advantage in keeping
>them. Especially with JDK 1.5.

You lose all the J2EE 1.4 people. J2EE will be (in the real world) on
JDK 1.4 for a long time.

There are tools like Retroweaver but throwing primitive support out is
IMHO too early. Hibernate did and people still complain about it.

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540 | Apache person

          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."