db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: New Torque Add-ons SF.Net project
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:09:13 GMT
Scott Eade <seade@backstagetech.com.au> writes:

>Greg Monroe wrote:
>> Well the SF project is listed as Apache 2.0, but just like
>> the Maven-plugin project, any SF.net approved Open source
>> license will do (all the common modern day one...).
>IMO it would be a mistake to go with anything other than ASL 2.0.  But
>let's not start that discussion here :-)

I would actually look for my DB PMC hat, dust it off and -1 any move
away from ASL 2.0.

I was AWOL for a while. Is there any special reason (license wise,
because that is the only one I can think of) why these add-ons went to

Opening a sandbox for that kind of stuff in DB should be easy and with
the labs.apache.org now in place, that might be a good place, too.

	Best regards

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540 | Apache person
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design | Velocity - Turbine guy

          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."