db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: New Torque Add-ons SF.Net project
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:27:51 GMT
"Greg Monroe" <Greg.Monroe@DukeCE.com> schrieb am 06.11.2006 15:45:47:

> Following up on the conversation about how to deal
> with add-ons, I applied to Source Forge for a
> Torque-Addons project.  They approved it today!

Great !

> Any thoughts on if/when/where/how this should be linked
> into the main Torque site?

Torque 3.2.1 is nearly there, so it should be there if the site for
3.2.1-RC1 is deployed. I'd suggest adding a menu item "addons" in the
topmost menu, between "downloads" and changes", and displaying a small text
saying that addons are available at <link/>, and currently there is betwixt
mapping, xml import/export, and sql 7 DB adapter. What do you think ?

> Unless someone complains, I plan to direct support
> questions to the torque-users list (with a disclaimer
> about specifying it's an add-on).  I don't expect there
> to be much traffic and it would help keep the general
> community interest up.

In my opinion, let's try it. We can always find another solution if there
is too much noise or spam.

> Should the ERDDesigner style sheet be here?

Currently, it is in torque's svn.  Probably it would be better off in
sourceforge. Thomas V, do you have any preferences as the original author ?

      Thomas