db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: checkstyle configuration
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:18:48 GMT
Scott Eade <seade@backstagetech.com.au> schrieb am 08.11.2006 10:09:41:

> Thomas Fischer wrote:
> > Instead, I'd like to ignore line 4 ,which says
> >
> >  * Copyright 2001-2006 The Apache Software Foundation.
> >
> > which would allow the copyright year to be different across files, and
> > people would not be tempted to change the copyright year in files which
> > did not change in any other way.
> Actually the header has changed and it no longer includes the copyright
> notice.  See: http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers
>
> Note also the first FAQ entry:
> > All releases created and distributed after November 1, 2006 must
> > comply with this policy.
> So it looks like this needs to be dealt with before 3.2.1 is cut.

Thanks, Scott, I was not aware of this. I'll go and make the necessary
changes in the next few days.

> While I'm here, why aren't we calling this 3.3?  I think 3.2.1 gives the
> impression of minor fixes when in actual fact there are tonnes of new
> features - IMO 3.3 would be a better way to go.

Hm, we went through a lot of trouble to keep this Release compatible to
3.2, and this is indicated by the 3.2.1 release number. In the past,
incrementing the minor number indicated that changing the implementation in
an existing project needed some reorganisatiuon. This should not be the
case in the new release.
However, you are right, there are lots of new features.
I'm undecided. Any other opinions ?

   Thomas