db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Torque 4.0 plan
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:23:02 GMT
> Thomas Vandahl said:
> Greg Monroe wrote:
> > Additionally, the generated record objects could make use
> > of this new base class to support things like isNull() on
> > primitives.  We could also use this to track modified and
> > unmodified column values, which would be very useful (e.g.
> > updating tables without primary keys).
> I'd throw primitives away completely. There is no advantage
> in keeping them. Especially with JDK 1.5.

I think there's still benefit in having record objects with
primitive get/set field access methods.  They are like the
static Peer methods, not the best way to do things, but they
make coding easier.

But the underlying storage could be Object based with conversion
occuring in the generated field methods.  Even with these, the
underlying objects could still be access via the getBy/setBy

Of course, there would be a slight performance hit since the
conversion takes place each time the method is called rather
than at population time.

Duke CE Privacy Statement