db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Status of the test project
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:59:33 GMT
Just ran tests on MS-SQL 2000 and it almost worked... it fails
looking for author 'a\\c' rather than 'a\c' (before the LIKE
tests).

I found that the '\' was being escaped by SqlExpression and it
will pass all the tests, if you add the following to the
DBSybase.java adaptor:

    /**
     * Sybase (and MSSQL) doesn't define a default escape character.
     *
     * @see org.apache.torque.adapter.AbstractDBAdapter#escapeText()
     */
    public boolean escapeText()
    {
        return false;
    }

Re: Derby

Just to see if it worked, I created a patched Village that ignored
the isReadOnly() meta-data flag and used this against a NetServer
install.

Derby passed all the tests using the V10.2.1.6 JDBC driver/server.
(Didn't test the older version).

I also did what I think you did and tested the Embedded driver by
running the DB create, Table setup, and then test cases as individual
steps. (commenting out stuff in the maven.xml). Everything ran fine
here.

Duke CE Privacy Statement