db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject New Torque Add-ons SF.Net project
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:45:47 GMT
Following up on the conversation about how to deal
with add-ons, I applied to Source Forge for a
Torque-Addons project.  They approved it today!
So there is now a place for useful stuff not
directly related to the main project.

The project URLs are:

http://torque-addons.sourceforge.net/
<http://torque-addons.sourceforge.net/>  (empty right now)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/torque-addons/

Let me know if any verbage needs to be improved or
changed.

Any thoughts on if/when/where/how this should be linked
into the main Torque site?

Unless someone complains, I plan to direct support
questions to the torque-users list (with a disclaimer
about specifying it's an add-on).  I don't expect there
to be much traffic and it would help keep the general
community interest up.

If anyone else want to be a project admin, let me know.
It would be nice to at least have a "shadow" admin in
case I get hit by a truck...

The initial site will be populated with the following.
Let me know if you have something else to add:

- The betwixt mapping generation add-on.
- The XML import/export Framwork
- SQL 7 DB Adaptor support

Should the ERDDesigner style sheet be here?

I'll do a general announcement on the torque-users
list once I get the site set up.

I think that covers my top of mind stuff.

Greg
Greg Monroe <Monroe@DukeCE.com> (919)680-5050
C&IS Solutions Team Lead
Duke Corporate Education, Inc.