db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Handling of custom add-ons
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:21:54 GMT
I mostly agree with your strategy here.  It's in line
with what Maven does for Contributed plug-ins.  There's a
http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/ project for a wide
variety of things that aren't licensed under Apache, etc.

The only thing I might question is this being a blanket
policy with no respect for size.  In the case of my
submission, this probably does belong on SourceForge.
It's fairly large.

But what about small contributions, like the XML style
sheet to convert schema XML to ERDDesigner XML format?
Or a future submition that's a single template override
file that supports INNOB table hints in MySQL.  Should
contributers of stuff like this have to create an
external distribution site?

I'd hate to see solutions to some of DB version
specific problems not solved because it's hard to
contribute.

But then I guess I could request a Torque-Add SF.net
project and make it a generic place to find such stuff.

Duke CE Privacy Statement