db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: checkstyle configuration
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 09:09:41 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> Instead, I'd like to ignore line 4 ,which says
>
>  * Copyright 2001-2006 The Apache Software Foundation.
>
> which would allow the copyright year to be different across files, and
> people would not be tempted to change the copyright year in files which
> did not change in any other way.
Actually the header has changed and it no longer includes the copyright
notice.  See: http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers

Note also the first FAQ entry:
> All releases created and distributed after November 1, 2006 must
> comply with this policy.
So it looks like this needs to be dealt with before 3.2.1 is cut.

While I'm here, why aren't we calling this 3.3?  I think 3.2.1 gives the
impression of minor fixes when in actual fact there are tonnes of new
features - IMO 3.3 would be a better way to go.

Scott