db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: checkstyle configuration
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 07:22:29 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> What exactly are your worries ? That people do not update the copyright
> year when they edit a file ? Ok, I have been neglecting this in the
> past, but I promise to behave myself in the future and you can tell me
> off if I don't :-)

I mean, this line is an important one, legally and such. If you ignore
it someone can write something like

	Copyright 2001-2006 Jack Daniels.

into some file and we won't notice (other than by chance).

> But something should be done about this in any case. Ignoring line 6 of
> the license does not make any sense at all, either we chgange it to line
> 4 or we remove it altogether.

You are absolutely right with this one. I would remove it and make sure
that all license notices are of the same text.

Bye, Thomas.