db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Purvis <...@reeltwo.com>
Subject Re: Torque 4.0 plan
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:41:36 GMT
Hi,

Everything about the Torque 4.0 plans sounds good to me, especially
getting rid of Village.  However this one won't work:

> - Use Java 5 style generics and enumerations. One can use compiler
> settings to produce pre-1.5-executable class files.

The autoboxing in 1.5 of int to Integer uses Integer.valueOf(int),
which doesn't exist in 1.4.  Also, javac won't let you:

  $ javac -target 1.4 Generic.java
  javac: target release 1.4 conflicts with default source release 1.5

  $ javac -target 1.4 -source 1.5 Generic.java
  javac: source release 1.5 requires target release 1.5

Could it be an option on the generator instead?

Regards,

	Jon