db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Status of the test project
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:32:24 GMT

> Ok, I have applied most of the changes in Torque-64 and now the test
> project runs through for mysql 5, mysql 4.1 and postgresql.
> Hsqldb fail on
> the escaping test, and oracle and derby run into the same
> strange error:
>      [junit] Cannot delete test data for LargeSelectTest.
>      [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Cannot
> delete test data
> for LargeSelectTest.
> Firebird fails on the BooleanSelect test.

Most of the issues are resolved now. HSQL and Firebird adaptors now handle
escaping correctly; I also changed the mssql adaptor, maybe this also
works now. The oracle problem was due to a wrong driver class name in the
test profiles, this is fixed. The derby problem is that it does not shut
down the database correctly after one test and then cannot restart the
database on the next test. So the first test always works, the second
fails. I did not find a solution for this, a workaround is to run the
tests manually one after another from eclipse.

The trouble with the BooleanSelectTest and firebird is that firebird does
not handle self-joins correctly, so I skipped that particular test for
firebird. But there is other trouble with firebird resp. interbase. It
does not create the ifc_table (I still have to find out why, it seems that
the trouble is an addditional comma in te create table statement) and it
also fails on the data dump task.

I'll try to find and fix that trouble in the next few days.