db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: checkstyle configuration
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 20:58:52 GMT
On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Thomas Vandahl wrote:

> Thomas Fischer wrote:
>>  * Copyright 2001-2006 The Apache Software Foundation.
>>
>> which would allow the copyright year to be different across files, and
>> people would not be tempted to change the copyright year in files which
>> did not change in any other way.
>
> Not sure about this one. We talked about this already. I don't tkink this can
> be maintained in the long run.

What exactly are your worries ? That people do not update the copyright
year when they edit a file ? Ok, I have been neglecting this in the past,
but I promise to behave myself in the future and you can tell me off if I
don't :-)

But something should be done about this in any case. Ignoring line 6 of
the license does not make any sense at all, either we chgange it to line 4
or we remove it altogether.

    Thomas