db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling of custom add-ons
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 08:23:31 GMT
On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Thomas Fischer wrote:
>
>> Personally, I belive the better solution would be to host the add-ons
>> externally, e.g in a sourceforge project, and keep links on the Torque page
>> to them. This solution would not have any problems outlined above. I would
>> be happy to maintain links to the externally hosted add-ons on the Torque
>> site.
>
> I think other projects have a "contrib" directory for this very purpose.
> Would that sound feasible to you?

It is certainly feasible to create a new directory :-) , but I do not see
how this solves the problems from my original mail. For example, I'd
expect the apache httpd server to have a contrib directory, but I did not
find one. I know of no other apache projects having one (although that
does not mean there are none).

     Thomas