db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Thoralf Rickert" <thoralf.rick...@cadooz.de>
Subject AW: Need some more opinions on TORQUE-44
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:18:45 GMT
Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm able to vote for this problem because I'm not a Torque-developer - so
I decided to make a comment that could be a "workaround" for the problem with Greg. :)

Because this bug seems nobody to disturb so far, we could remove the patch til we start a
new major release. I think, it isn't useful to create a branch for such situations with backward
compatibility problems or make switches or config properties to configure every littleness.
Maybe there could be a switch in the next major release that says something about "backward
compatibility" (which includes the problem with TORQUE-44 and other).

For me the actual situation is absolutly okay, because I've created my Torque objects and
I'll never change/regenerate them anymore. I think, the next major release produces a lot
of work for everybody who wants to use it, because of the plan to replace the village package.
This replacement means that everybody who makes more then a simple doSelect() has to change
the own code.

bye
Thoralf