db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject AW: Need some more opinions on TORQUE-44
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:29:52 GMT
From the various coments of the dev list, more than half of the people
would rather not change this behaviour in a bugfix release. So I'm going
to revert the change and reopen the bug, if noone vetoes this.

Note that this is not the end of the story, I'm convinced that this should
be changed in the next major release.

    Thomas

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Thoralf Rickert wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm not sure if I'm able to vote for this problem because I'm not a Torque-developer
- so I decided to make a comment that could be a "workaround" for the problem with Greg. :)

> Because this bug seems nobody to disturb so far, we could remove the patch til we start
a new major release. I think, it isn't useful to create a branch for such situations with
backward compatibility problems or make switches or config properties to configure every littleness.
Maybe there could be a switch in the next major release that says something about "backward
compatibility" (which includes the problem with TORQUE-44 and other).

> For me the actual situation is absolutly okay, because I've created my Torque objects
and I'll never change/regenerate them anymore. I think, the next major release produces a
lot of work for everybody who wants to use it, because of the plan to replace the village
package. This replacement means that everybody who makes more then a simple doSelect() has
to change the own code.